Call for applications: The Geoffrey & Margaret Andrew Fellowship

The School of Creative Writing is now accepting applications for The Geoffrey & Margaret Andrew Fellowship in Creative & Performing Arts.

This 17-day fellowship will take place in January 2022, and includes travel to Vancouver, accommodation at UBC and a $5,000 award. About 70% of the fellow’s time will be devoted to working on their projects and the remaining 30% to classroom and community engagement. Eligible candidates may work in a range of literary genres: oral storytelling, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, playwriting, screenwriting, comics, digital forms are all welcome.

The ideal candidate will be in the early stages of their career, work in multiple genres and have a strong interest in teaching and community engagement. We are strongly interested in BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) applicants for this fellowship.

The application deadline is September 30, 2021 at midnight.