The HarperCollinsPublishersLtd/UBC Prize for Best New Fiction is a bi-annual award, offering literary representation by CookeMcDermid Literary Agency and an advance and book publication by HarperCollinsPublishersLtd.
Call for Submissions
Submissions may be made only by currently enrolled students and previous graduates of UBC Creative Writing.
2022 Prize for Best New Fiction
The winner will be announced later this fall. The HarperCollinsPublishersLtd/UBC Prize for Best New Fiction is awarded bi-annually. The next opportunity will be in 2024.
Letters to Prospective Entrants
We invite prospective entrants to read the welcome letters from HarperCollinsPublishersLtd and the CookeMcDermid Literary Agency.
Rules and Regulations
HarperCollinsPublishersLtd, in cooperation with the University of British Columbia School of Creative Writing and CookeMcDermid Literary Agency, is calling for submissions for the 2022 HarperCollinsPublishersLtd/UBC Prize for Best New Fiction (the “Call for Submissions”).
- The Island of Forgetting by Jasmine Sealy
- Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- The Dutch Wife by Ellen Keith
- The Ghost Keeper by Natalie Morrill
- In the Place of Silence (published as The Good Sister) by Chelsea Bolan
- Book of Sands by Karim Alrawi